So I’ve been a long lover of vodka sauce because of it’s creaminess and hint of [vodka] of course. Have you ever tried it?
Personally, I’m not a HUGE fan of regular tomato sauce due it’s strong taste of just plain old tomatoes. That’s why this works for me OR for my taste buds at least….Haha!
So on days where I’m looking to make something that’s quick and easy (for instance, after a long day at work or spending a fun-filled day with the little one OR if I want to be just plain old lazy), pasta is a great way to go!!
Anyway, usually vodka sauce is made with penne pasta, however, I wanted to try something a bit different so I choose a pasta called: Tagliatelle (shown below).
Tagliatelle reminds me of fettuccine BUT it’s so much lighter and not as thick—it’s amazing!! For the record, it doesn’t matter about the brand–you can choose your own favorite! So feel free to experiment on your own choice of pasta brand AND even pasta type. It’s all about what works for you!
Shrimp Tagliatelle alla Vodka Recipe
- 16 oz. Tagliatelle pasta (OR your own favorite type!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 pound peeled, deveined raw shrimp (Frozen ones work too!)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- vodka sauce (24 oz. bottle of your favorite brand!)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- Place 1lb of shrimp in a bowl and season with salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne red pepper. Use hands to coat shrimp well and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add dry pasta for 7-8 minutes (OR according to the pasta’s packaging)
- Then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet or Wok (I find using the Wok better because it keeps the pasta from spilling over) and put the stove on medium high, waiting for the skillet (OR Wok) to heat up.
- Once heated, place shrimp in skillet (OR Wok) and stir occasionally until all shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Once all shrimp turn pink, add your 24 oz. jar of vodka sauce to the pan and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1 tablespoon of basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of oregano, and 1 cup of the parmesan cheese (set aside the other 1/2 cup for later!).
- Finally, after about 10 minutes of simmering, add in cooked pasta to the skillet (OR Wok) and gently stir around pasta until well coated.
- Keep the heat on low for about 2 more minutes and place your packaged breadsticks in the oven in the meantime (follow package’s directions).
- Once plated, add remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (if desired) over pasta for added “cheesy-ness”!! (If not, just discard the rest)