I decided to share one of my favorite dinner recipes with you! I LOVE Buffalo Wild Wings (especially their Asian Zing Wings) & wanted to enjoy the same GOODNESS without always spending a ton of money eating out!
So I decided to try it in the comfort of my own kitchen & Wallah!! My Husband + 1 year old ABSOLUTELY LOVES it! Hope you enjoy & be sure to have tons of napkins + great drinks to go with this AWESOME meal!! 🙂
Asian Zing Sauce (Just like Buffalo Wild Wings) Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar (Substitute: 4 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup (Substitute: 3/4 cups granulated sugar & 1/8 cup hot water)
- 1/3 cup sugar (I used Brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Wash & Season chicken wings with a sprinkle of salt & pepper, until coated to your liking.
- Place seasoned chicken in large skillet (A trick that I prefer to use this since it browns the chicken very well!) and put in oven for about 1 hour.
- After about 30 minutes, turn wings over on other side and leave for the remaining 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, put all the above Asian Zing sauce ingredients together (leaving the 2 teaspoons of corn starch to be added last) in a small pot on medium heat until fully incorporated and sauce is thickened.
- Once sauce is thickened & done, turn off stove and pour sauce on chicken wings and leave in the oven for an extra 10 minutes (until sauce becomes “sticky” on wings).
Mashed Potatoes & Homemade Gravy Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoons ketchup
- parsley for garnish
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (OR I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!)
- ¼ to ½ cup Sour Cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add the cornstarch and chicken stock and whisk.
- Add stock and remaining gravy ingredients to small pot, and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, sauce should thicken. If the sauce is too thick add a bit more chicken stock.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary!
- When the gravy is done, garnish with parsley.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in 1 inch cubes.
- Boil them on medium heat until potatoes are tender, for about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and in a medium bowl, add the potatoes, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher (OR an electric mixer) mash the potatoes until desired consistency. Add additional sour cream as necessary (OR as desired for more smoothness!).
- For Pureed Green Peas: Boil 1 cup of green peas in a small pot of water for about 10-15 minutes (OR until tender). Once drained, place in blender or food processor for 1 minute (OR until smooth to your liking!).
ENJOY & TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK BELOW!!↓