This morning I felt the Southern Girl in me crave for a bit of a southern styled breakfast, SO I made it!! Some Good Ole’ cheese grits and scrambled eggs! Oh & I decided to make a little “pick me up” with a nice cup of Cappuccino (w/ a pinch of cinnamon on top)!! And Maxwell House International French vanilla cafe Cappuccino just happens to be a favorite in my house. YummmM! 🙂
It’s definitely the Florida in me!! HAha!
Check out the Recipe below & let me know what you think. ENJOY!
- 5 cups chicken stock (Preferred for a greater flavor than using water!)
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking grits (5-minuted ready!)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or Mozzarella cheese (shredded OR grated)
- 4 large eggs (feeds 2 people!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & black pepper
1.To make grits ⇒ add 5 cups of chicken stock and salt to large pot. Bring to a roaring boil and slowly whisk in the grits. Decrease the heat to medium low. Continue whisking until no lumps remain, about 5 minutes. Decrease the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the grits simmer. Once thickened, add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of shredded cheese to grits. Stir generously until fully melted & incorporated!
***Make scrambled eggs as desired. Add salt & black pepper for taste. Serve over grits or separately if preferred!!