Today I was in the spirit of cooking and baking! Not just any ole’ repeat recipe, BUT something savory and tastey. I mean it is Saturday after all! You can’t go wrong with an amazing desert paired with a day of quick Target shopping, homemade Lasagna for dinner (Oh, and I made this with a twist—> Cream cheese instead of Ricotta! A H M A Z I N G!) and quality time with my guys. However, I was originally torn between something strawberry or something of another flavor….
Let’s says Chocolate……OR Blueberry…..Or Raspberry…..OR Apple….?? Ahhhh, so many options!
See my dilemma? Anyway, I finally decided on lemon and strawberry and I’m so glad I did. I think that my tummy thanked me too 🙂 And of course my husband’s tummy and little guy!
So here’s the recipe below for my STRAWBERRY LEMON MUFFINS WITH STRAWBERRY GLAZE. Feel free to tweak it to your own liking, BUT trust me when I say—there’s no need! It’s perfect! And even more perfect tasting!
STRAWBERRY LEMON MUFFINS RECIPE
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners OR (***butter muffin pan well).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1¾ cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ⅓ cup sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup melted butter. Add the mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon. Add the greek yogurt and mix well. The mixture will be thick and lumpy.
4. In a smaller mixing bowl, combine ½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup white sugar and the lemon zest OR (***1 tsp lemon extract) to make the topping. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
5. Put about ¼ cup of the batter in each muffin cup. Top with the strawberries and then top with the topping.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before serving.
STRAWBERRY GLAZE RECIPE: