Why, Hello Everyone!
Whelp, it’s officially two weeks until Christmas and I’ve decided to get into the spirit with the beginning of my baking countdown! Of course, I’ve started it off with some good ole’ Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting and a Pecan topping!
Yup! Carrot Cake in the form of a cupcake! It’s definitely one of my favs (and my two guys’ favorite too!) and we were EXTREMELY excited to make this the entire time lol. Now, for Christmas, I find it so hard to find Christmas-inspired desserts because most recipes stem toward peppermint, chocolate, eggnog, red velvet, etc. But unfortunately, I wouldn’t really enjoy eating peppermint, chocolate, or eggnog desserts! Haha! Hey, well I guess that’s just me! I’m sure there are many of you reading, that love these flavors! Anyway, I’m really brainstorming about the other desserts I’ll be baking up until Christmas and please feel free to drop a few ideas for a recipe below!! ↓
So now, here are a few pictures of the process and of course the recipe itself! ENJOY!
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING + PECANS RECIPE
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots (from about 4 medium carrots OR 2 large carrots)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg for 30 seconds, set aside. Shred carrots in a food processor for best results.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and brown sugar, then add eggs and using an electric hand mixer, blend mixture on low speed 30 seconds, until slightly pale. Mix in applesauce and vanilla extract.
- With mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in vegetable oil and mix until combined, then mix 20 seconds longer. Mix in half of the dry ingredients, then pour the shredded carrots into the bowl with the remaining flour mixture and toss in flour mixture to coat carrots.
- Pour carrot mixture into the batter and blend until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean, about 19 – 21 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes or more.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, whip together butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract. With mixer running on low speed, slowly add powdered sugar and cinnamon and beat until well blended and smooth. Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then place cupcakes in freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chopped pecans on frosted cupcakes and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to ensure that frosting sets.
- Sprinkle a bit of the remaining shredded carrots as garnish for presentation! (Optional)
LET YOUR TASTEBUDS SING HAPPILY + ENJOY!
THANKS FOR READING, LIKING, AND SHARING GUYS! 🙂