Thanks so much to DoniW for nominating me for the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD! I’m so elated and so appreciative for this honor as I’ve been working hard to share my blog and inspire others one post at a time! This is my 1st award thus far and I look forward to the possibility of much more. How awesome! Thanks again Doni! Xx♥, S.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. DONE
2. Write a post to show your award. DONE
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started. DONE
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. DONE
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. DONE
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created. GOING TO DO IT SOON!
ORCHIDS + SWEET TEA’s STORY:
Hi Ya’ll! So I started my blog in July 2016 and have not looked back since. This was my 2nd blog website, as my first one was started back in September of 2015. However, I took a break from blogging to find my passion and get life in order. In the process, I had my son (who is now 19 months old) and he became my inspiration to start blogging again, but to do it a bit differently. Originally, I found myself writing a lot of content and creating posts based on past experiences, pains, revelations, etc. But with Orchids + Sweet Tea, I chose to still incorporate a bit of the old me along with the new me. I’ve discovered my love for cooking and baking and love for turning it into an art. I’ve since discovered my love for growing my natural hair and learning how to overcome the challenges that are present in the process. I found my love for quotes and how they get me through the day on most days, because sometimes you find that you have to encourage yourself along the way! And I’ve discovered that parenting is a journey that’s fun and terrifying all at the same time. Therefore, I’ve started this blog to showcase the many layers of me. And to top it all off, the origination of my blog name came from my Southern roots and love for Sweet Tea and fascination of an Orchid’s beauty + meaning. So there you have it. My story in a nutshell!
MY ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS:
- Never give up on making your dreams happen! Regardless of where you started, how late or how early, whether you have the support of an army or the support of one man–GO AFTER IT! Believe in yourself enough!
- Don’t focus so much on the numbers and on how many subscribers/followers you have on your blog or social media. It’s more about Quality THAN Quantity!
15 BLOGGERS THAT I NOMINATE: Be sure to check out their blog websites linked below!
1. Michelle Malone: Blog Here!
2. Queen Nique: Blog Here!
3. sidphotographic: Blog Here!
4. nocturnalmomtalks: Blog Here!
5. Bernadine: Blog Here!
6. Absolutely Olivia 💙 : Blog Here!
7. flyingthroughwater: Blog Here!
8. Busy Bee: Blog Here!
9. cookandenjoyrecipes: Blog Here!
10. Jo Smith: Blog Here!
11. ken: Blog Here!
12. Justin Recipes: Blog Here!
13. Esther: Blog Here!
14. Okoto Enigma: Blog Here!
15. Spence’s Girl: Blog Here!
Happy Blogging! 🙂