I hope that everyone is having a great weekend so far. My day has been pretty busy. I got a bit of work done (working from home) while juggling my little guy at some points. Now, that my little guy is taking a nap, I’ve decided to get a bit of blogging done by first starting with a recipe I made on Thursday.
Now, you guys know that I love my sweet treats and although I’m a Southern girl who loves big portions, I’ve been trying to eat a bit healthier, so I made something in “Mini-size” again. Haha!
I’m a lover of Cheesecake and those of you who read my blog regularly, know that I’ve posted about my Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes: Click Here! previously.
This time, however, I was not in the mood for anything pumpkin (nor did I want to repeat my previous recipe), so I decided to go for a Mini version of regular Cheesecake w/ a Strawberry topping (not a HUGE fan of Cherries), but with a tastey twist! This recipe is so easy and GOOD! It’s definitely a WINNER in my house (voted by both my guys, of course!). As an added treat, I made the crust out of Graham Cracker crumbs as usual, but then topped each crust with a Vanilla Wafer to add that extra bit of mildly sweet flavor and great shape and uphold.
It’s sure to be a family favorite and is a great size, even for the little ones, to ensure that they aren’t eating too much sweets!
Check out more pictures and the Recipe below. ENJOY.
Mini Cheesecake Bites w/ Strawberry Topping Recipe
- 12 Vanilla Wafers
- 1/3 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- toppings as desired (I used Strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with 12 liners.
- Add ⅓ cup Graham Cracker crumbs and melted butter & mix well in a bowl.
- Place 1 teaspoon in each cup and press down.
- Then top each crust with a Vanilla Wafer cookie.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, almond extract (OR Vanilla extract if preferred) and egg. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Place cream cheese mixture in a Zip-loc bag and snip off the corner.
- Evenly fill each well.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, cool completely and top with desired toppings (Strawberry if desired) and refrigerate until served.