Last night’s dinner was
Day 2 of my new Vegetarian Food Journey and I must say that I’m loving it so far. Everything has great flavor (because you know I couldn’t do otherwise), I’m not missing meat at all, and it’s still just as filling as anything meat.
Now, you know that I enjoy my Mexican Bowls, so I couldn’t start this new Food Journey with anything less. Instead of rice, I chose to go with Quinoa. This type of grain is definitely much lighter than rice and it’s packed with tons of protein! There’s also fiber, Iron, and a load of other good stuff! Definitely a winner in my opinion. Usually, I’d soak my beans, but I was feeling a bit lazy, so I went with canned black beans instead. Still pretty good! I couldn’t really tell the difference, except for the MAJOR cut in the cooking time, of course! Haha.
Add your tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and cheese (Oh & Avocado if you love it!) and you got yourself a nice, easy meal. Hearty and healthy!
I’ve included the recipe below ↓ so that you can give it a try yourself! Highly recommended! By the way Ya’ll, I’ll be changing my blog post schedule to Mondays & Fridays to ensure that I better plan some great Recipe posts going forward (to be in effect THIS WEEK). Don’t miss me too much! Haha. Once in a while, I’ll still throw in one OR two Inspirational Quotes (to keep you on a positive roll) on any given random day, BUT my MAIN posting days ARE NOW:
Mondays & Fridays! ♥
Quinoa Mexican Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking oil
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (Or Iceberg Lettuce, if preferred)
- 1 (15 oz) can of Black Beans (drained)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced the way desired)
- 1 avocado (Optional)
- 1/4 of an onion (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- pinch of salt (for taste)
- Sour Cream (ANY amount desired)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (use your favorite!! I used Mozzarella & Mexican Four Cheese Mix by Kraft)
- Sriracha sauce (as garnish)
- In a medium pot add 2 cups of Vegetable stock & Quinoa, bring to a boil and stir occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-high and let cook for about 15 minutes OR until stock is fully dried.
- Add cooking oil to a medium frying pan on medium-high. Once heated, add drained black beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly heated throughs. Then add dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes and chopped onions.
- Stir until everything is well combined and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble the bowls, divide Quinoa into serving bowls; top with lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and avocado (if desired).
- Serve immediately, top with sour cream and Sriracha sauce (if desired).
Thanks so much for reading Ya’ll. Be sure to let me know your thoughts down below in the comments section.
Also, be sure to check out my Social Media pages for more FUN + INSPIRATION.