Brownies are one of my least favorite dessert choices on any given day, mainly because I’m not a HUGE fan of chocolate. However, when I decided to make brownies for my husband this weekend, I found myself being a bit more creative and coming up with a great twist to your average brownie, which I ultimately had to try for myself and LOVED it. Haha.
So much for not loving brownies, huh?. Well, the good thing about this recipe is that it is absolutely easy, full of “Gooey Goodness”, and loaded with CHOCOLATE (Awesome if you’re a chocolate lover indeed). The other good thing is that it is best eaten with a fork or spoon so you don’t have to worry about getting your fingers all sticky and chocolatey!
This recipe is a fun take on S’Mores in which I used tons of chocolate as previously mentioned, very large marshmallows (so that there’s more gooey-ness to go around), and Graham cracker crumbs instead of the large chunks when you crumble Graham crackers yourself in a traditional recipe. I let my S’mores Hot Fudge Brownie also stay in the oven a bit longer so that the marshmallows can be more toasted (my own preference, not necessary of course).
Well, I’m hoping that you enjoy the photos as well as the recipe below if you do decide to give it a GO!
HAPPY MONDAY Ya’ll!
S’Mores Hot Fudge Brownies Recipe
- 4 Graham crackers OR 1/2 cup Graham crackers crumbs (sold this way in stores)
- 1 1/2 cups Jumbo Marshmallows
- ½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Brownie:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (I used Brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate (chopped to make it easier)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8 baking pan with butter thoroughly.
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar, water and unsweetened chocolate. Cook over medium low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 5 mins) and remove from heat.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add in the flour, cocoa powder, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Pour in the melted chocolate and stir everything together until well combined. DON’T OVER MIX!
- Spread evenly into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted comes out with SOME MOIST CRUMBS.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool and set aside.
- Top brownie with marshmallows, crumbled graham crackers & chocolate chips (be as generous as you’d like to be!).
- Return to oven & set to broil.
- Broil until marshmallows become golden & puffed & chocolates are slightly melted–about 5-7 minutes!
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve in bowls.