These extra Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower bites are a guaranteed showstopper! At first glance, these beauties truly remind you of buffalo boneless chicken (and trust me, they taste just as good, if not better!). However, they aren’t! Just know that your tastebuds won’t be able to tell the difference either! I’ve made them extra crispy, so that the buffalo sauce won’t leave you feeling like their soggy or just not right. Plus, if you’re a previous (or current) meat-lover like me, you’ll be able to thoroughly enjoy the added crispiness!
Overall, this recipe isn’t difficult, and while the prep time may take up the most time, you will be amazingly surprised at how quickly it is to make these bites as a whole. Like with buffalo wings, I like to have a side of garlic mashed potatoes and of course, some greens for that added healthy-ness. You can find the recipe below if you decide to give it a Go!
Extra Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
Serving size: 3-4
Total cook time: 1 hour (approximately)
Prep Time: 30 minutes (roughly)
- 1 box of Kraft Shake n’ Bake Extra Crispy seasoning mix
- Head of Cauliflower
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil (Or cooking spray), for greasing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare your baking sheet by lining it up with foil paper and greasing it with olive oil (or cooking spray) until fully coated.
- Prepare the batter for the cauliflower by: combining water, flour, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl and mixing well (Please note: your batter should look like liquified pancake mix). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour extra crispy seasoning mix from Kraft box and set aside.
- Once Cauliflower is chopped and rinsed, dip them in batter (shaking off any excess) and then tossing them in extra crispy seasoning mix; Then laying them on baking sheet (ensuring that they are laid neatly and with a tiny bit of space in between each). Repeat until all cauliflower is used.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and “crunchy” looking.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine buffalo sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes in a small pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat (until bubbly). Remove from heat and let cool until cauliflower is finished baking.
- Once golden brown, remove cauliflower from baking sheet and toss in buffalo sauce in a medium bowl. Serve immediately.
- Bon Appetit!