Black Bean Burgers + Zucchini Chips were on last night’s menu and I must say that it was a hearty meal! I just enjoy hand held foods and burgers are often my favorite, plus they rarely disappoint! Besides, with Memorial Day weekend approaching, it’s great to start getting into the hand-held food spirit, right?
Usually, I would enjoy a chicken burger or maybe turkey (and in my last days as a meat-eater, I loved actual beef burgers). But now that I no longer eat meat, I do love a good Black bean burger! Personally, these burgers are a lot more filing to me than actual meat and they are just as good flavor wise as well (especially if you season EVERYTHING like I do).
Per usual, I cook my beans from scratch by soaking them overnight and then boiling them (with the water seasoned) for about an hour. However, you can choose to take a short cut and just buy them canned. It’s whatever works for you and your schedule! Anyway, once the black beans are cooked, then you can follow the remaining steps. Just so you know, my Husband made this meal and first and foremost, I must give him a huge round of applause for knocking the ball out of the park with this one! It was A-HMAZING! Everything did take a bit of time, but I’m not sure if that’s because my Husband cooks at a slower speed then myself or if it actually takes a while. Haha! (Don’t tell him I said that by the way).
Rest assured, it’s worth every minute of the wait! Well, as for the Black Bean Burger, I actually scooped the recipe from one of my favorite Home cooks, Ree Drummond from The Pioneer Woman and you can find the actual recipe here: Site!
However, you can find my Baked Cheesy Zucchini Chips below if you ever decide to give it a GO!
Baked Cheesy Zucchini Chips Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini (Not peeled!)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + Muenster cheese (Or you can use your favorite types)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease an unlined baking sheet with butter or a little Olive Oil.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a piece of paper towel and gently squeeze out all the excess water over a small bowl until the zucchini is really dry.
- Then place the zucchini and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well until combined (don’t be afraid to use your hands, which works best!).
- Scoop the mixture in tablespoonfuls and place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press down with your hands to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Wallah! DONE.