OMG, so I can’t seem to wrap my head around the fact that I was given FOUR AWARDS in one day! Thanks so much to Doni_W for the nominations! You’re the absolute best!
I’m elated to be given such an honor as a reflection of my aim to inspire others daily through my writing and work. This definitely is a cause for celebration with a nice Venti-sized Caramel Frappuccino + a cookie straw (as shown in photo above)! Haha! I swear I’m addicted Ya’ll.
Anyway, Thanks so much again Doni_W for being such a loyal reader and believer in what I have to offer through my blog! 🙂
Okay, let’s get started and please note: this post is going to be long and if you are brave enough to read it till the end, here is my (virtual high five + cheers!) 😀
BTW award nominations are below – I nominate everyone on the list below for all these four awards! 😀 Congrats! **No pressure to participate by the way**
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks so much Doni_W
1. Display Award
2. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you & provide a link to their blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate Bloggers
7 Things about me:
- My favourite colour right now is gold!
- I majored in Psychology in college because I just love how the mind works and how it affects people’s behavior.
- I love cooking + baking for the art of! The display of food makes me the most excited.
- I hate reading! Haha! I’ll do it if I have to, but I prefer visuals a whole lot more!
- I love Interior Design (minus the mathematical mechanics behind it). I’m always decorating and “sprucing” up a room!
- I have more than 700 songs on my iPhone, not including the ones I’ve lost over the years. I LOVE MUSIC!
- I’m not a huge fan of chocolate, but I’ll eat it once in awhile, as long as it’s mixed with something else (peanut butter, marshmallows, etc.)
One Lovely Blog Award
Thank you so much Doni_W
1. Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
2. Post about the award
3. Share 7 facts about yourself
4. Nominate at most 15 people
5. Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts about Me:
- Disorganization is a major pet-peeve of mine.
- I make it a mission to donate to St. Jude’s Hospital every once in awhile and have a goal to one day donate largely on a regular basis!
- I recently fell in LOVE with Amazon! I use Amazon Fresh regularly, Prime, and do most of my shopping there!
- I’m super shy in person! I find myself to be a bit socially awkward sometimes! Haha.
- I have a real addiction to Peanut Butter, especially as a child. I use to eat Nutter Butters religiously!
- I’m super fascinated with Animal Planet. I love seeing and learning about different animals.
- I truly prefer joggers and sweats as my first choice in wardrobe, but am obsessed with a nice bag and shoes.
The Blogger Recognition Award
Thank you so much Doni_W
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started
I first started blogging 2 years ago after receiving a personal prophecy at church from a prophet about me being successful in writing about love. After a few months, I decided to quit blogging and later decided to begin again in March 2016. It was not until July 2016 that Orchids + Sweet Tea was born, after much reflection and in depth thought about creating a blog that truly reflected who I am. The rest was history. Now, Orchids + Sweet Tea is all about all the things that are important to me–Family, Food, Faith, Lifestyle, and Interior Design. Here I am, with 430 followers and counting. I’m truly grateful and thrilled with how far I’ve come. Thank you to all of you guys who support me daily! You’re awesome! 🙂
Advice for new bloggers
- First and foremost, always remember WHY you’re blogging and make sure that your blog has a real tied meaning to who you are and what you want it to do in this world.
- Be sure to join social media group to help grow your readers, utilize the “featured image” section of your post, make sure that your photos are clear and “pops”, and remember that you have to like + comment on your fellow blogger’s page to ensure that the support is reciprocated as well.
The Mystery Blogger Award
Rules For The Nominees:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominee.
- Nominate from ten to twenty bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about myself
- I am getting ready to go to Starbucks to buy my usual Caramel Frappuccino (which is currently 1/2 off from 3-6pm at my participating location). Haha!
- I love Bagels with Butter + Jelly (mostly strawberry-flavored) for breakfast when on the go!
- I can spend HOURS in the home decor section of any store! I always find myself in these sections, even if my original intent was to be somewhere else.
Answers to Doni_W’s questions:
Describe @doniwblog in three words and explain why! -Sophisticated, philosophical, interesting. I chose these 3 words, because Doni_W reflects enlightening thoughts through her blog and her choice of quotes/posts showcases that!
Would you call your body a bag of filth because of the blood, digest, vessels, organs in it? (LOL, random question!) -No! I actually find it interesting how the body works to recycle and remove the things needed and unneeded.
Do you do charity regularly? -Not regularly, but I do donate to St. Jude’s Hospital ever so often and I write letters for the To Love Ourselves Letter Project: See!
What is your good qualities? -My openness to be honest, wittiness, intuition with my feelings, sense of humor, and my creativity.
Do you think life is better without attachment for material wealth and loved ones? -I can agree with life being better without attachment of material wealth, because I am a big believer in there being more valuable things besides that. However, I am a family person, so it would be hard for me to agree with life being better without loved ones. However, if your loved ones are negative, then I guess it would be true, right? Haha!
Questions to my nominees:
- Who’s the one person that means the most to you?
- Are you a believer of Religion or Spirituality? Why?
- What is your favorite song right now?
- Why do you read or follow my blog? Any topic you would like to see more of?
- Do believe that a bottle is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Why?
Wow! What a long post! 😛 Okay, it is time to nominate!
So, I nominate the following people for ALL FOUR AWARDS! 🙂 Congrats Ya’ll!:
- Absolutely Olivia
- Tabi bee
- Cooking Without Limits
- Jo Smith
- Rhonda Sitting
- Life of Angela