Hello Summer! So it’s officially summer and time for some real fun in the sun! Not to mention, there’s just so much more to do outdoors now that it’s no longer cold or raining daily. Yay!
In my house, we’ve been dying for some great sun here in NYC, so that we can take the little guy out for some play time and nice walks. He’s such an energetic toddler so outdoors work perfectly for him and us! This summer, we plan to do a lot of fun activities, but more importantly, things that allow our little guy to learn a great deal. Indoors, he loves reading time. I mean he LOVES it, Ya’ll! So I’ll definitely be adding more books to his collection. But as for activities, I’ve thought long and hard and have come up with a few great ideas. I must say that it definitely will be a fun summer for this little guy this year. And now that his 2nd Birthday has come and gone, I think that he’s ready for some real fun. With 4th of July just around the corner, I’m definitely planning to kick things off with some tasty foods and sweet treats. Although I won’t be going to any BBQ’s, out of state events, or Cookouts this year, I’ll definitely make a nice dinner and dessert in celebration of our own little Soiree and rendition of Independence Day Food. Haha!
What are your plans for 4th of July? Be sure to let me know down below.
Anyway, here is my list of Great Activities To Do with Your Little One:
- Read tons of books. Mental stimulation is always a great activity!
2. Don’t forget playing sports outdoors! Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, whatever sport your little one enjoys! It’s a great way to exercise and have fun at the same time.
3. Toys, Toys, and more Toys! Don’t be afraid to add new and interesting toys to your little one’s arsenal. Toys’ R Us is our new BFF. Wee specially plan to buy our little guy a scooter so that he can learn to balance and ride during some of our daily walks. FYI, if you and your little one enjoys shopping at Toys’R Us often, I definitely recommend joining their Rewards Program. it’s a great way to rack up points for each dollar you spend, which in turns gives you $$ off your next purchase. To find out more: Click here.
4. Expand your little one’s learning beyond books as well. Taking them to the zoo or botanical gardens is a great family activity and real chance for your little one to see the things they learn in Nursery rhymes, favorite shows, etc. in real life.
5. Then there is the Children’s museum, Art museum, or any other type of Museum that allows your little one to be exposed to more learning. Exploration and adventure are great things for their little minds. If you’re in the NYC area, here’s a link to the 10 Best Museums to visit: Click here.
6. Sometimes a little fun in the sun only requires a nice walk or stroll accompanied by their favorite peeps (Mommy, Daddy, or both!)! You can run in between each walk, laugh, and even share a few snacks.
7. Lets not forget the park! That’s always a great place to be with your little one during any time of the day. Learning can take place there too. You can touch and talk about the plants, trees, and animals that you see. But be careful not to explore anything dangerous. Haha! Just know that a day in the park is just right for any toddler to enjoy!
8. If you’re like me and you truly enjoy crafts then a nice painting class for Kids is a great option. This summer my husband and I will be trying this one out with the little guy in Park slope, Brooklyn and I’m super ecstatic! My little guy loves to draw on his little Easel with markers, but I’m stoked to try painting with him. We hope to paint a few mugs, dishes, etc. Fun, Fun, Fun!
9. Now, a sweet treat moment is always a fun time in my house. Our favorite go to place is Starbucks, since it’s just steps away from our house, however, we plan on trying a few nice places throughout Brooklyn this summer. Doughnuts, Cakes, Cake Pops, Macaroons, you name it! But of course, the little guy will only have something mostly healthy as his treat. But a doughnut here and there never hurt anyone, right?! Haha!
10. Lastly, there wouldn’t be a summer without some real fun with other kids, now would there? It’s always a great idea to bring your little one to a nice class that offers music, art, gym, and other fun activities. Some classes offer the entire family to join, but others are more for the child so it’s a great balance between independent play and family time. It’s definitely something that we’ve looked into and plan on introducing to our little guy since he doesn’t go to daycare! He’s at a great age to be social, so this would be a great way to foster that some more.
Whelp, there you have it guys. These are just a few great ideas of things to do with your little one this summer. A lot of fun, but learning that can happen along the way. Plus, there’s the beach, pool, a friend or family member’s house, going on vacation, theme parks, and so much more that can be added to this list. It’s all about whatever is fun for the family and let’s not forget the main star—-Your little one(s)!
Have you done any of these fun things?
What are you planning to do with your little one(s) this summer?
Be sure to let me know in the comments below.
For all the Mamas who will be on the run with their little toddler(s) this summer, be sure to check out the best thing made for any busy Mama: Click here.
Connect with Us on Facebook: Orchids + Sweet Tea FB Page!
See more exclusives on Instagram: Orchids + Sweet Tea Instagram!
Join Us on Pinterest: Orchids + Sweet Tea Pinterest!